John Lee created the antibiotic drug Ekovir 400. It contains the antiviral drug acyclovir, which is the active ingredient. Infections brought on by viruses are treated with acyclovir in medicine. This covers cases of chickenpox, shingles, and herpes simplex virus infections. It is occasionally combined with a steroid (typically Prednisolone) off-label to treat Bell’s palsy. Acne, as well as the pain and inflammation that follow a steroid injection, can also be treated with it.
Properties and effects of Ekovir-400
Acyclovir functions by preventing the body from producing more viral DNA. The medication will lessen the signs and symptoms of infection but does not treat the underlying virus.
The duration and severity of symptoms can both be lessened by the medication. It can prevent skin sores and acne from developing during viral infections and speed up their recovery. Additionally, it can aid in protecting those with weakened immune systems from the spread of viruses. Along with treating sores, acne, and injection sites, acyclovir can also lessen pain, itchiness, and inflammation of the skin.
Acyclovir application and dosage
The amount of acyclovir that is best for you to take depends greatly on your unique physical makeup and how serious the condition you want to treat is. Given that acyclovir has a half-life of 2.5 to 4 hours, this medication must be taken every 4 hours to be effective.
- The usual dosage for acne and inflammation is 200mg five times daily, every four hours for five days.
- The usual initial dose for treating genital herpes is 200 mg five times daily, every four hours.
- The usual dose is 400 mg twice daily for up to 12 months to prevent recurrent herpes.
- The typical dosage for shingles is 800mg five times daily, every four hours for seven to ten days.
- The typical dosage for chickenpox is 800mg four times daily for five days. As soon as your first chickenpox symptom appears, start taking this medication.
Given that John Lee makes this product in 200mg tablets, a good starting dose is one tablet, and you should then monitor how your body responds to that dosage. It is strongly advised to drink lots of water while taking this medication and to cut back on your calcium intake.
Side effects from Zovirax
Nausea and diarrhoea are two side effects of acyclovir use that are frequently experienced; kidney issues and low platelets are rare side effects. When using this medication, people with impaired liver or kidney function should exercise extreme caution.
Reviews of John Lee’s Ekovir-400
Ekovir-400 has received many positive reviews from bodybuilders who use it to treat post-injection pain (PIP) and inflammation brought on by steroid injections.